Monday, June 1, 2020

.PCOS and weight loss.

assalamualaikum dear readers!


it has been a while since we talked about PCOS. if you have read my entry on PCOS and weight gain which was in year 2015 (read: right column on ivf journey section), surely you'd remember the time when i felt hopeless about losing weight. it seemed so hard and futile. frustrating. soul-crushing.

well, that was once upon a time ago. we didn't care enough. we didn't try hard enough. i was scared that PCOS was going to make the effort much more difficult. however, we changed that pessimism into something more constructive. alhamdulillah for a venturesome husband! he changed our routine, he planned our outings, he organized our outdoor activities (read: right column on nature-living section) and he supports my determination to lose weight and have a healthier lifestyle. 

yes, the journey of losing weight for a PCOS patient like me took a long time. longer than a normal, without-any-health-complications person. if you haven't read about why PCOS causes weight gain, go here. yes, we need knowledge and help from everyone to make this a reality. thanks to our doctor, my coach and family.

how much did i weigh before we start?
85 kilogram!
at 1.65 metres tall.
yes...embarrassing, i know.
obese but ignorant.
we were happy though haha.

.at my heaviest around May 2015 with damia.

when did i earnestly start trying to lose weight?
2015
we went hiking, cycling etc since 2012
but losing weight with a purpose?
it was after we failed the first IVF treatment
and my doctor suggested that i should lose 10% of my weight.

what was my goal?
to lose that 10%
hoping that it will regulate my menses
and heighten the success rate of the next ivf treatment.

when i successfully did just that,
i managed to keep the weight off for a while,
gained back a little and then
with help and more knowledge,
lost way more.

what happened along the way that helped/hindered the process?
i had a tonsillectomy that changed my diet.
consumed multiple types of medication for
the second IVF treatment.
pregnant for almost two months and
it changed my appetite.
had a miscarriage and
went through dilation & curettage procedure.

it was a long and arduous process.
i'm sure i could lose way faster if we stop consuming
fast food, processed food and sweetened drinks altogether.
but we only made small changes here and there
and try to make it a habit.

through these ups and downs,
i decided to changed my goals.
just to spice it all up.
the goals were for me to
change my eating habit, lose weight and
be able to wear my risik ring,
my wedding ring and
my nikah dress again
on our 10th wedding anniversary.

and i did it!

.in my nikah dress on 15th June 2019 with maryam.

well, honestly...
i need to lose a few more inches
just to be more comfortable in them.
but yeah,
what's a few more inches compared to 85kg?


.cincin risik & cincin nikah.

i need motivation.
i have to achieve my ideal BMI.
you can do this, syitah!


ganbatte kudasai!



next entry: tips on losing weight (and keeping it off!)
.


thank you for reading!

No comments: